Boy oh boy, this year went by so fast. There’s a part of me that believes that time goes by faster as we get older. This year flew by without me even noticing. So much has happened and I’ve changed in so many ways. Of course I made a lot of mistakes a long the way but I grew from them too. We also had a blast enjoying our free time. Sander and I went out and did so many things together. And honestly, I feel like that’s what life should be about. The little things and the small moments we can all enjoy. So here is my 2018 in review:
- I turned the big 30
- We saw Paramore, Pale Waves, Fall Out Boy, Halestorm, and Chvrches live.
- We went to an Asian Market.
- I completed book 2/4 Dutch exam books.
- We played a ton of Pokémon GO.
- I made new and interesting friends.
- We watched a lot of wonderful movies.
- We walked in Vondelpark, Erenstein Park, the Keukenhof, and Oosterpark.
- I looked deeper into self care and how to improve my mental health.
- We went to Dutch Comic Con, Anime Con, Moshi Moshi Fair, and Japan Festival.
- I wrote the first draft of a children’s book.
- We celebrated Koningsdag, Pride Amsterdam, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
- We went to the Van Gogh Museum, ARTIS Royal Zoo, and the Tropenmuseum.
- I read 30 books for the Goodreads challenge.
- We went to Maastricht and stayed at a vacation park.
- I adopted new and healthier eating habits.
- We went apple picking in Olmenhorst and enjoyed beautiful apple pancakes.
- We celebrated the dogs’ birthdays.
These are just some of the noteworthy things we did this year. It doesn’t include all our weekends out in Amsterdam. It doesn’t include the plans for the future. And honestly I’m in a point of my life where I’m very excited about the future. I can say that the 20 year old me wasn’t too excited about anything. I’ve grown and changed a lot since then. What makes me happy is there’s still room to grow.
Happy 2019 everyone! May this year be brighter and bolder than the last. May it bring laughter and hopefully a better tomorrow.